We chose the costume material from Econyl® because it not only gets old fishing nets from the sea floor, but also has better properties for the mermaiding costume.
Costume material description Econyl®:
- Made from the recycling of high-strength fishing nets (Link Video)
- more chlorine resistant
- resistant to sun cream and oils
- significantly more durable than normal polyamide fibers (Link),
- remains noticeably longer elastic and dimensionally stable (two-way stretch)
- more opaque,
- softer and gentler on the skin, no peeling,
- Material: 78% recycled polyamide, 22% Xtra Life Lycra (elastane)
Description Pro Fin Mahina
Mahina Mermaid Fins are made from recycled rubber dyed with organic pigments only. They are therefore not toxic to humans and animals.
Bikini material description:
- 80% Polyamid, 20% Lycra (elastane)